Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lemons



Some of you know this about me: I have a list that I have kept since I was young that is a wish list of sorts. I update it from time to time but it consists of things I want to have, or things I want to do, as well as things I want to learn. Well one thing that never changes on the list is that I want to have a lemon tree. I love lemons. In fact, when my grandparents used to visit us from Arizona they would bring us boxes of lemons and I would take them quartered and sliced in a plastic bag to eat at lunch. Sour.
So I may not yet have my own lemon tree but I am getting close. We made some new friends last week and they invited us over to pick as many lemons as we need, whenever we need. We picked 98 meyer lemons the other day and have since made lemon cookies, rosemary lemonade, lemon sorbet, gin cocktails with lemons, preserved lemons and tonight I secured a recipe from my friend Jen for Limoncello. Italian style.
I love lemons.

No comments: