Thursday, July 3, 2008

the whole truth



Okay everybody, now that we've been back home for a couple weeks its time to tell the truth about WHY. Yes, we missed our families and friends. Yes, we want to contribute to the art community in the place we are from instead of being expats on the coast. Yes, we hope to actually stop renting in a year or so and buy a house which probably couldn't happen in California. Its true we almost didn't come back on account of the chiggers and the humidity. But the clincher? The icing on this cake? The midwest is the BEST place for pack rat junk collectors such as me. I've already gone to a handfull of flea markets and auctions and I am thrilled to be back at it. Keep in mind we haven't even moved into our place yet, so I've totally held back. Remember that phase I went through... wanting to be minimal? Was that really me? These pics are misleading....it LOOKS like a treasure chest. We came across this joint in Oregon, and well......we walked away with nothing more than dirty hands from digging around. I swear.

No comments: